Friday, July 18, 2008

Rairaiken @ Mega Mall = Roach roach ken

Have you ever encountered bad customer service,?

We did!

Frank and I went to Rairaiken located at Megamall for a nice lunch just after we checked out my NBI clearance. We ordered ramen, maki and some dumplings. The waiter served some hot tea.
We drank the hot tea and didn't notice any unusual flavor. I took another cup, but to prevent the cover from falling I held it and opened the cover of the tea pot.

TO MY AMAZEMENT and DISGUST, there was a small ROACH!

We politely asked for the manager. The manager seems to be nice so we asked for a 50% off or a meal-on-the-house deal. She was kinda reluctant so she gave her boss a call. She returned and reasoned that since it is only a small one, a desert will be given. We told her that they should be taking care of what customers will say against them and simply asked for a free lunch as compensation for the inconvenience.

While she was on the phone with her boss we still noticed that there were two other small roaches on the table. Yuck! What a place!

She went back and offered some desert since "Maliit lang naman, hindi naman malaki", referring to the roach. "Lagi nangyayari yo, desert lang binibigay namin. Di maiwasan yan, nagpapaspray naman kami sir.." she quipped.

The manager Gina Melgar, refused to honor our simple request and refused to give her boss's name or give us free lunch. She just offered 1 free ramen.

Nevermind. We left the place and headed for Saisaki where we filled our bellies to the max!

You be the judge. Will you dare eat there?! I will never go back to that place.

Moreover, as long as I live, I will site this as an example in all my training classes and speaking engagements.

What's 10 people I know? It doesn't make any difference. I'm sure the 10 people won't tell other then, right?!

1 comment:

Arman said...

boycott rairaiken!